I am reading paper about deep learning based image processing and some of them are written in Torch 7, that’s why I start to learn Torch which I think will benefit my future study in deep learning.
What is Torch?
Torch is a scientific computing framework with wide support for machine learning algorithms that puts GPUs first. It is easy to use and efficient, thanks to an easy and fast scripting language, LuaJIT, and an underlying C/CUDA implementation.
A summary of core features:
- a powerful N-dimensional array
- lots of routines for indexing, slicing, transposing, …
- amazing interface to C, via LuaJIT
- linear algebra routines
- neural network, and energy-based models
- numeric optimization routines
- Fast and efficient GPU support
- Embeddable, with ports to iOS and Android backends
Installation Guide in Mac and Ubuntu 12 +: Link
Iizuka et al., Let there be Color!: Joint End-to-end Learning of Global and Local Image Priors for Automatic Image Colorization with Simultaneous Classification, SIGGRAPH 2016